Severfield has worked closely with Montracon to produce a specialist and bespoke trailer to transport its plant/equipment, safely
Gareth McCormick, Group Plant Supervisor at Severfield, said “We had a requirement for a new trailer system and wanted to create something that was unique to us. When designing, we considered our plant fleet and the requirements of adding tailored safety features.”
With safety being of paramount importance to Severfield, it was essential to take into account the welfare of both the driver and anyone else who may be on the trailer during the loading and/or unloading process. This was a key consideration during the development stage of which we were greatly assisted by the team from Montracon throughout.
Sverfield’s driver of the machinery carrier, Dave Walker, was also involved during the design as he has vast understanding of the positioning of the plant when it is loaded and the constraints that we were currently facing with the old trailer.
Some of the features that formed part of the design:
- Air assisted ramp
- A gate system fitted to the front of the trailer to allow safe access from the tractor unit
- Side posts and sockets to secure back loads if required
- Integrated toast rack storage for walkway
- Twin strap edge protection full length of the trailer both sides
- Walkway provided with a 300mm wide galvanised walkway sections and pull out supports
- Fitted rear camera
- Hydraulic ramps with side shift to suit all plant